One Pot Chicken
4-6 Chicken Fillets
2 Tablespoons Tapioca Flour
4 Shallots, sliced
1 Leek, sliced
8 Short Cut Bacon Pieces, chopped
4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
Handful Brown Mushrooms
1 Carrot, sliced
1 Cup Chicken Stock
1 Cup Dry White Wine (or double the chicken stock)
Handful of Fresh Parsley chopped, for garnish
1. . Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Place tapioca flour, season with salt and pepper in a container with a lid or plastic freezer bag, add chicken, seal and shake until the chicken is fully coated.
3. In an oven proof casserole dish, put on the stove top on medium high heat, add olive oil and butter, once butter has melted, pan fry the chicken each side and cook until both sides are golden brown. Remove chicken and set aside.
4. Add a little more olive oil, add shallots, leek, bacon and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent.
5. Add in carrots, mushrooms and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
6. Add in chicken stock and white wine, bring to the boil, transfer chicken back in sitting on the top, take pot off the stove top and transfer to the oven. Cook for 30 minutes, with the lid off, until chicken is cooked through.
7. Serve with a garnish of freshly chopped parsley.