Vietnamese Beef Curry
2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
1kg Beef Chunk Steak, trimmed, cubed
1 Large Onion, chopped
4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
2 Long Red Chillies, chopped
2cm Piece Ginger, peeled, grated
2 1/2 Tablespoons Curry Powder
2 Teaspoons Coconut Sugar (optional)
2 Teaspoons Turmeric
2 Carrots, sliced
400ml Can Coconut Milk
400g Diced Tomatoes
1 Cup Filtered Water
1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
Himalayan Pink Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
1. Heat oil in saucepan on high. Cook beef in batches, 5-6 minutes each, until browned all over. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Saute onion 3-4 minutes, until lightly golden. Stir in garlic, chilli, ginger, curry powder, coconut sugar and turmeric. Cook 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
3. Return beef to pan with carrot, stirring, 1 minute, to coat in spices.
4. Add coconut milk, tomatoes, water and fish sauce. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer covered, 40-45 minutes, until beef is tender.
5. Serve topped with coriander leaves and lime wedges.
TIP: serve with cauliflower rice, quinoa, brown rice or basmati rice.