Chicken and Chorizo Paella
8 Chicken Drumsticks
Himalayan Pink Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
1 Chorizo Sausage, cut into bite size pieces
1 Brown Onion, finely chopped
4-6 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 Red Capsicum, cut into bite size pieces
Large pinch of saffron threads
1/4 Teaspoons Sweet Paprika
2 Cups Arborio Rice
4 Cups Chicken Stock
Handful of Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
1 Tomato, finely diced
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. In a large oven proof pot on a medium high heat add olive oil, season the chicken drumsticks and brown them in the large pot in batches, transfer to a plate.
3. Add some more olive oil to the pot, add chorizo, onion, garlic and capsicum, sauté for 5 minutes stirring until onion is translucent, chorizo is browned and capsicum is soft.
4. Stir in paprika and saffron for a further minute.
5. Pour in stock, season with salt and pepper, return chicken to the pot arranging in a single layer and evenly spaced. Increase heat to high and bring to a simmer.
6. Transfer pot to the oven uncovered for about 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and all liquid has been absorbed. A sign of a good paella is when the rice is crisp around the edges of the pan.
7. Let it stand for about 5 minutes, then serve with a sprinkle of diced tomato and parsley. Enjoy!