Coconut Chicken Noodle Bowl
300g Rice Vermicelli Noodles (Gluten Free Option Choose 100% Soba Noodles)
1 Roast Chicken (quick option buy already cooked one from the supermarket)
1 Wombok Cabbage, finely sliced
1 Carrot, Finely Julienned
1 Cup Bean Sprouts
1/2 Papaya, finely julienned
Handful Fresh Coriander Leaves
1/2 Cup Roasted Peanuts
1 Long Red Chilli, sliced
1 400ml Can Organic Coconut Milk
2 Limes, Juice
1 Stick Lemongrass, white part, finely chopped
3cm Piece of Fresh Ginger, Grated
2 Tablespoons Rice Malt Syrup or Raw Honey
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the vermicelli noodles according to the instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a bowl combine dressing ingredients of rice malt syrup, fish sauce, juice of one lime, olive oil and sesame oil, mix well, set aside.
3. In a small pot over medium high heat add coconut milk, juice of one lime, lemongrass and ginger. Bring the mixture to a simmer, take off heat, let it cool then add to the bowl with the other dressing ingredients.
4. In a large bowl add chicken, wombok cabbage, carrot, bean sprouts, papaya, coriander and pour over half the dressing. Mix well.
5. In separate bowls, divide noodles, salad mixture, drizzle with the other half of the dressing, top with peanuts and chilli and enjoy!