750g Beef Strips
1/4 Cup Tapioca Flour
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
3/4 Cup Tamari
3/4 Cup Water (Preferably Filtered)
3/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
1 Carrot, cut julienne
Serve with fluffy quinoa and either freshly cut spring onions or parsley.
1. Pre heat oven to 160C.
2. Place beef strips into a bag, add tapioca flour, seal the bag and shake until the meat is covered in the flour.
3. Over a medium high heat, add olive oil to an oven proof casserole dish with a lid.
4. In batches, brown the beef, set aside.
5. Take the casserole dish off the heat, add garlic powder, tamari, water, coconut sugar and carrot. Stir to combine.
6. Put hte beef back into the mixture, stir until all the beef is coated.
7. Place in the oven with the lid on and cook on low heat for up to 4 hours or until the meat is tender. Check on the dish as it is cooking and add more water to ensure it doesn’t dry up and you have a nice rich mongolian sauce.
8. Serve with fluffy quinoa and top with either spring onions or fresh parsley. Enjoy.