Ginger Garlic Chicken Ramen
1.5 Litres Chicken Stock or homemade broth
1-2 Chicken Breasts (See note below)
3cm Fresh Ginger, sliced
3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon Tamari
2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
1 Packet Organic Ramen Noodles (For a Gluten Free option utilise a packet of 100% Soba Noodles)
6-8 Shitake Mushrooms, sliced
2 Baby Bok Choy, finely sliced
Handful Snow Peas
Coriander Leaves to serve
1. Combine stock, chicken breasts, ginger and garlic in a large pot. If utilising the pre-cooked roast chicken do not add now. Bring to the boil.
2. Cook ramen noodles or soba noodles according to packet instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
3. If using uncooked chicken fillets, turn down to a simmer and cook chicken for 20 minutes until cooked through. Remove chicken and shred using two forks. (Step 3 isn’t required if utilising the pre-cooked chicken).
4. Add mushrooms, bok choy, tamari and sesame oil and pre-cooked chicken or chicken breasts back into the pot and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Add snow peas and turn the heat off, the snow peas should still be crunchy.
6. Divide the noodles amongst serving bowls then add the chicken and vegetable soup mixture on top of the noodles. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve.