Turmeric and Coconut Fish Curry
4 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 Small Green Chilli, sliced
3cm Piece of Ginger, finely grated
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Teaspoons Turmeric Powder
2 Teaspoons Ground Coriander
1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Clove
4 Cardamon Pods
12 Curry Leaves
400ml Can Coconut Milk
1-2 Cups Stock
4-6 Pieces of Firm White Fish, cut into bite size pieces
1 Bunch of Bok Choy, finely sliced
Juice 1 Lime
Himalayan Pink Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
Handful of Fresh Coriander chopped, to serve
1. In a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic, chilli, ginger and all spices, add a tablespoon of olive oil into a paste.
2. Heat a casserole pot or large frying pan over medium high heat, add olive oil and cook onion until softened. Add paste from mortar and pestle and curry leaves, cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
3. Add coconut milk and stock, squeeze in the lime, season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
4. Add fish and bok choy and cook for 4 minutes or until fish is just cooked through.
5. Serve curry with basmati rice and top with fresh coriander.