Peanut Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
2-3 Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, cut into bite size pieces
1 Packet of 100% Soba Noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
1 Carrot, cut into bite size pieces
1 Red Capsicum, cut into bite size pieces
1 Yellow Capsicum, cut into bite size pieces
2 Broccoli, cut into florets
500ml Vegetable Stock
1 Tablespoon Rice Malt Syrup or Raw Honey
2 Tablespoons Healthy Mumma Sweet Chilli Sauce (refer to my eBooks for recipe)
1 Lime, juice
4-5 Tablespoons Peanut Butter (100% Peanuts, nothing else)
1 Tablespoon Tamari
3cm Ginger, grated
1 Tablespoon Tapioca Flour
1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
Himalayan Pink Salt
Coconut Oil or Olive Oil as required
1. Cook soba noodles according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.
2. In a deep mixing bowl, add vegetable stock, rice malt syrup or raw honey, sweet chilli sauce, lime juice, peanut butter, tamari, ginger, tapioca, sesame oil and season with himalayan pink salt. Mix well with a whisk. Don’t be alarmed that there is a lot of liquid the soba noodles absorb a lot of the liquid, and it adds lots of flavour. Add chicken pieces and set aside to marinate whilst cutting up the vegetables.
3. Heat a large wok, add oil and once melted stir fry the chicken pieces taking them out of the liquid marinade. Stir fry for approximately 2 minutes.
4. Add vegetables and stir fry for another 3-4 minutes.
5. Add soba noodles and the remaining marinade into the wok. Don’t be alarmed if the marinade sticks to the wok. Gently stir fry for antoher 1-2 minutes. The vegetables should still be crunchy, and the chicken cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
TIP: Once the soba noodles are cooked, drain them into a strainer and run fresh cold water through them again just before stir frying to stop them sticking together.