The first time I came across a free standing water filter in a home was at my cousin’s place and this was many, many years ago.
It wasn’t until I started a healthy lifestyle that I have realised why she was doing this which resulted in me buying one for my family….and here it is.
You will notice in my recipes I have filtered water as an ingredient when a recipe calls for water. So why is this?
Here are some of the reasons why you should consider investing in a water filter system for your home:
- Water filters provide better tasting and better smelling drinking water by removing chlorine and bacterial contaminants.
- Water filters remove lead from drinking water immediately prior to consumption, thus preventing this harmful substance from entering the body.
- Implementing a water filter system results in a source of clean, healthy water that costs much less than bottled water.
- Water filters greatly reduce the risk of rectal cancer, colon cancer, and bladder cancer by removing chlorine and chlorine by-products from drinking water.
- Water filters can selectively remove dangerous contaminants from drinking water while retaining healthy mineral deposits that balance the pH of drinking water.
- Drinking clean, filtered water protects the body from disease and leads to overall greater health.
- A water filter provides clean, healthy water for cooking, as well as drinking, at the convenience of tap water.
- Water filters reduce the risk of gastrointestinal disease by more than 33 percent by removing cryptosporidium and giardia from drinking water.
- Drinking pure water is especially important for children. Water filters provide the healthiest water for children’s developing immune systems.
- Water filters offer the last line of defence between the body and the over 2100 known toxins that may be present in drinking water.
So what are some of the health benefits a good water filtration system can have on your health:
- Prevents premature aging.
- Helps remove waste products from the body.
- Reduces the risk of high blood pressure.
- Reduces the risk of cancer.
- Alleviates fatigue to the heart, liver and kidneys.
- Helps to speed up recovery.
- Helps in weight loss and keeping the fat off by converting fatty deposits into energy.
- Reduces water retention.
- It nourishes dehydrated and sagging skin, leaving it clear and healthy.
- Alleviates headaches and migraines without the use of medication.
My 4 year old loves being able to get her own water from the filter and it saves mummy from having to get it out of the tap that she cannot reach all the time! And since I have introduced the water filter into our home my children are now drinking much more water than they were previously as it’s much more accessible to them. By providing your children with filtered water you can rest assure that they are drinking better tasting, better smelling and healthier drinking water.
So where can you purchase a free standing water filter and how much are they?
Check out your local pool shop, yes they stock free standing water filters for around $100-$120 for your home as they supply filters for swimming pools. The other option is to look online, you could pick up one for a reasonable price. The other minimal expense to the free standing water filters are the ceramic cartridges, these need to be either cleaned on a regular basis or to maintain maximum protection replaced regularly every 4 months. The cartridges cost around $170 for a 6 pack which will last you 2 years, again you could shop around to find the cheapest price. To make your search easy the brand that I have is a Waterco Stoneware Purifier which consists of 8 litres of water however there are many other brands, sizes and obviously costs you can consider.
Many homes now have water filters attached to their home taps, if you are lucky enough to be building or have the ability to put these into your home then I would highly recommend them.
Or if you are ever in the market to buy a new refrigerator many of them now come with the filtered water and ice cube compartment at the front. These refrigerators do however have to be plumbed into your home water system and can be quite expensive however another option to consider.
Alternatively you can make a simple, inexpensive change by buying a free standing water filter such as the one I have for around $100. It requires no plumbing or electrical connections, yes it does require cartridge changes but again minimal costs over a period of time. It’s a small investment and the result is healthy, great-tasting water that still contains natural trace minerals that are beneficial to you and your family’s optimal well-being and health. Another small, cost effective change to improve you and your family’s healthy lifestyles. Why not consider it?